在 Lifehack 看到的這篇 Managing Your Social Network Addiction，把文中幾個建議有效利用"社會網絡"的方法引出來與大家共勉 :
• Track Your Time Online - The simplest way to ensure you aren’t wasting time in any one place is to monitor your time. Use a stopwatch and set a limit. When time is up, log out, regardless of what’s left. There is always tomorrow.
• Remember the Telephone - I know, it’s so primitive. But a call to a friend works just as well as a Facebook message, and it is real human interaction, something we are losing touch with.
• Go Outside - get away from your portal to the network. Get some sunshine, chances are you need it.
• Limit Your Memberships - There is no need for memberships to 15 different networks. In fact, there is no need for even 2 memberships of sites which do the same thing. Choose Facebook or Myspace, but not both. Digg, or StumbleUpon. This will probably cut your memberships in half, and hopefully cut the time spent on them down also.
• Use Your Networks Productively - When I first used twitter I followed anyone, and had thousands of followers. Strangely though, people rarely responded to my twits, and it was like I was invisible. I decided I’d only use twitter if I could be productive with it, so I unfollowed thousands of users (now below 200), and use Twitter only to share and interact with people with similar interests as mine. Now my Twitter is a tool, not a time warp.
• Prioritize - Use these tools only when your work has been done, or during down time. Don’t spend time updating your profile or changing your pic when there is work to be done. This will not only save you time and increase productivity, but will build self discipline as well.
• Stop Procrastinating - Many times we get on Facebook or twitter when we have real work that we just don’t want to do. Stop that! Get the work done. Once you finish you’ll have all the time in the world to spend making friends on Facebook.
• Remove the Cellphone Apps - You don’t really need Facebook or Twitter on your phone. Nothing on there can be that important. Save your social networking for when you are behind the desk and limit the distractions throughout the day.
• Spend More Time With Close Friends and Family - You aren’t the only one who suffers when you spend countless hours on MySpace. Your family and friends don’t see you, because you are too busy learning how to customize your backgrounds and take crazy pictures from all different angles for your profile pic. Cut out the cancer and get back to friends and family.
(- 自我限制上網時間 - 別忘了電話的存在 - 多外出 - 減少登記過多的會員戶口 - 正確地利用"社會網絡"的生產力 - 安排好日常生活中的先後次序 - 別利用"社會網絡"成為拖延工作的藉口 - 不把"社會網絡"連到手提電話上 - 花更多的時間與朋友及家人相聚 )